Horse Dentist - Holland, Germany & Belgium
Online pet magazine.
Almost everything you need to know about pet care.
Dogs - Shopping List
To help you prepare for your new dog we have prepared a list of everything you will need to obtain to get off to a good start. Your new dog will feel happy and comfortable, quickly becoming part of the family if you are well prepared for the arrival.
- Stainless steel food and water bowls (plastic ones tend to be chewed)
- Dog bed and rug
- Collar (allow plenty of growing room, especially if you are getting a puppy - see details here
- ID tag with dog's name and your phone number on
- Leads - See more information on Dog leads
- Food - Puppy complete or complete dog food - more information
- Treats - Not chocolate and not too many!
- Flea treatment - all dogs get fleas at some point in their lives
- Wormer treatment
- Puppy shampoo
- Grooming brush
- Tooth brush and toothpaste - see information on dog dental care
- Teethers - Chews and 'Nylabone'
- Kennel - For outdoor shelter.
- Puppy run - To prevent digging in flower beds
- Puppy (toilet training) pads - a house training aide
- Pee post - To encourage targeted toilet behaviour
- Anti-chew spray - To prevent destructive chewing
- Dog hair removing brush for your furniture and clothing if the dog sheds hair
- Dog flap - For the door that leads to your garden
- Poop bags and Pooper scooper
- Travel cage, guard or pet restrainer for the car