Almost everything you need to know about pet care.
P.A.D.S. Halloween Dog Show
This dog show is to raise funds for the People And Dogs Society. P.A.D.S.
is a locally based charity which offers
advice and support to those with dog related problems.
91,000 people a year turn to our website, leaflets and
advisors for help with every aspect of dog ownership from where to get a puppy
and day to day care to questions on
training, laws about dogs and bereavement.
this is paid for with fundraising events like this one, and with the support
of our members. New members are always
Membership costs from £10 per year (reductions for juniors / OAPs
/ couples) and, as well as supporting our
work, entitles you to free entries at our dog shows, a badge and a subscription
to our newsletter.
ON Sunday, October 26th 2008
AT: MYPETSTOP, TOPCLIFFE CLOSE, CAPITOL PARK, TINGLEY, WF3 1BU
ENTRIES TAKEN AT THE VENUE FROM 9.30 am
JUDGING: Pedigree classes start from 10.30 am
Other classes proceed in order listed
REFRESHMENTS BAR (SANDWICHES, BUNS, ETC)
ROSETTES / PRIZES TO 6th IN ALL CLASSES
1st ENTRY (FOR EACH DOG) £1.50
FURTHER ENTRIES £1 each
ONE CLASS FREE to new / existing PADS members
HELD BY KIND PERMISSION OF THE KENNEL CLUB
• DOGS MUST BE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OLD, BUT NEED NOT BE KENNEL CLUB REGISTERED
• THE WORD "DOG" INDICATES BOTH DOGS AND BITCHES EXCEPT CLASSES
6, 8 AND 11
• DOGS WHICH HAVE WON ANY OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY;
Challenge Certificate, or any award that counts towards a KC recognised title
of Champion (Pedigree classes only),
Reserve Challenge Certificate (Pedigree classes only), Junior Warrant (Pedigree
Obedience Certificate (Obedience Classes only)
PEDIGREE CLASSES Judge; Lorraine Marchant (Starborough)
1. Any Variety Puppy (6-12months)
2. Any Variety Sporting
(Gundogs, Terriers, Hounds)
3. Any Variety Non-Sporting
(Utility, Toy, Working, Pastoral)
4. Any Variety Pedigree (Open)
Unbeaten puppies from the above classes will compete for Best Puppy
Unbeaten dogs from the above classes will compete for Best In Show
JUNIOR HANDLING Judge; Lorraine Marchant (Starborough)
5 JUNIOR HANDLING [HANDLERS 8 TO 18 YRS - Dogs owned by exhibitor or exhibitor's
CROSSBREED & MONGREL CLASSES
(SCAMPS 2009 HEAT) Judge; Keith Revill (Josfer)
6. Crossbreed & Mongrel Dogs 18” & Under
7. Crossbreed & Mongrel Bitches 18” & Under
8. Crossbreed & Mongrel Dogs Over 18”
9. Crossbreed & Mongrel Bitches Over 18”
IN SHOW & RESERVE BIS (Crossbreed / Mongrel Section): PADS is hosting
these classes for the Crossbreed and Mongrel
Club. Best In Show will receive membership of the CMC for one year and an invitation
to attend SCAMPS (Supreme Crossbreed
and Mongrel Pet Dog Show), held near St. Neots in mid September. There the Supreme
Champion will be chosen, the highest
accolade a crossbreed or mongrel can win.
NOVELTY CLASSES Judge; Keith Revill (Josfer)
10. Best Conditioned
11. Handsomest Dog (Boys Only)
12. Prettiest Bitch (Girls Only)
13. Nicest Eyes
14. Best Veteran Dog / Bitch (Over 7 Years)
15. Fancy Dress (costume for dogs or dogs & handlers)
Separate First Prizes For Best Halloween Costume And
Best Other Theme Costume.
16. Best Rescued (Re-homed) Dog
17. Waggiest Tail
18. Best Child’s Dog (open to dogs from families with
children of any age - parents may go in the ring.)
19. Dog Judge Would Most Like To Take Home
20. Dogs Not Having Won A Prize Today
Many attractions on site – pet photographer, dog massage, tombola, raffle
ENQUIRIES; Mrs D Waller, tel 01977-678593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PADS, Keldale House, Beal Lane, Beal, North Yorks, DN14 0SQ
SUGGESTED ROUTE TO SHOW - MAP
1. From the M62 take the turning for junction 28 which will be signposted
also for the ‘White Rose
2. At the roundabout (Morley Roundabout) take the turning for the A653 towards
Leeds which will
again be signposted for the ‘White Rose Shopping Centre’.
3. As you exit the roundabout ensure you are in the left hand lane and almost
immediately take the
left turn at the traffic lights.
4. Go up this steep road and you will see ‘Real Radio’ & the
blood donor’s centre on your right.
5. You will then see a round about ahead. Take the last exit right.
6. Go up the little bank and you will see the MyPetStop Morley centre straight
in front of you.
If in doubt (or lost!) see the map online (www.padsonline.org) or contact MyPetStop
7. Don’t forget to allow for the end of British Summer Time when setting
your alarm clocks!
POSTAL ENTRIES ACCEPTED
Please calculate your entry fees (£1.50 for the first entry for each dog,
plus £1 for each further entry)
send a cheque / PO payable to “PADS” to PADS, Keldale House, Beal Lane,
Beal, North Yorks, DN14 0SQ -
You should also include the following details;
Your name, address and phone number -
Your dog’s name, breed and age / date of birth -
The classes you want your dog to enter.
A first class s.a.e. for your ring card etc to be returned to you
Please remember - these details will be required for each dog you are entering.
P.A.D.S. are sorry but postal entries cannot be returned if you find you
are unable to attend the show.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS AT THIS EVENT INCLUDE:
PADS Winter Draw tickets on sale -
Bric a Brac stall -
Tombola - Pet Photographer on site Robert
Dog Massage from Kerry Dawson
Details of the Crossbreed & Mongrel Club, for whom we are hosting the
SCAMPS classes, can be found on
P.A.D.S. are actively seeking volunteers in the Yorkshire area – please
enquire at the Show. You can join us at this event. Or write, phone or visit
our web-site at any time: PADS Head Office
Bernfold, 45B Ashgap Lane, Normanton, W Yorks WF6 2DT
Tel: Debbie 01977-678593 or Kit 01924-897732
P.A.D.S. is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board. See our website for
their code of ethics in fundraising.
Registered charity number 1005973